- Interface that is both simple and dependable in its operation
- Excellent for putting together your very own affiliate program
- Appropriate for bloggers who wish to sell premium content Supports a large number of currencies, enabling sales on a global scale
- Flexible payment models and subscriptions available
- Builder for your own bespoke checkout templates is offered
- Upsells with a single click and bump offers are also offered
- A multitude of integrations with various marketing platforms, including email marketing systems
- Monthly charge that is both foreseeable and acceptable
- Included in the package is a check out builder for your online store
- Marketers are only given limited design customization options
- There is not a lot of support for cryptocurrencies
- Absence of community organizations
- There is no after-hours support for customers
- There was no actual A/B testing done on the templates
Do you remember that time when you attempted to sell digital things online, only to find that the steep transaction costs ate up a significant portion of your potential earnings? What would happen if your e-commerce platform did not offer a checkout option that could be completed on the site? In this review of SendOwl, we’ll take a look at a platform that offers solutions to these issues.
Finding an e-commerce platform that is suitable for digital goods can be challenging for some unknown reason. Large companies often appear to place a greater emphasis on their physical products, while also providing certain digital options that are of lower quality.
SendOwl is where you want to be at this point in the game. SendOwl is a web-based platform that enables users to quickly and affordably establish an online shop from which they can offer digital goods and services to customers. SendOwl offers a speedy launch procedure, bringing you as close as you can get to “one click” launching a campaign.
SendOwl has a quick launch process, and it allows you to build websites for digital products, memberships, subscriptions, and content that can drip-feed to users over time.
The good news is that SendOwl maintains modest and fixed monthly price, which means you won’t be hit with additional fees for making transactions or for having an excessive amount of success. If you think that this would be something you’d be interested in, keep reading to see the remainder of my SendOwl review.
What exactly is SendOwl, and how exactly does it function?
SendOwl may be the answer for you if you are seeking for a novel approach to the construction of your online store in order to sell digital products and subscriptions. This British corporation, which has its headquarters in London at the moment, offers assistance to businesses all over the world with the process of selling digital products on the internet.
In 2010, the founder of the company realized that there were no truly effective solutions to sell digital products directly from a website. This realization led to the formation of the company. SendOwl was established in 2010 by its namesake, George Palmer, with the intention of revolutionizing the digital marketplace and assisting businesses in achieving more online without having to pay a fortune or struggle through a complicated lesson.
SendOwl’s rising popularity can be attributed to the fact that it automates many of the mundane tasks that slow down the process of selling digital products. SendOwl not only integrates with your payment processor but also ensures that your customers receive excellent and safe product delivery. This allows you to keep your brand’s reputation in good standing and attract new consumers. A mobile-enhanced checkout system and one-click upsells are two additional methods in which your business can raise its overall revenue.
SendOwl exists solely to facilitate the transaction of monetary value through the exchange of digital commodities in the virtual marketplace. Because the system is able to link with your payment provider, it is able to ensure that you are paid in a timely manner, and it can also deliver any files that you might be selling to the buyer in an automated fashion after your payment is finished being processed. There are several advantages to utilizing this program, but the most important ones are as follows:
- When it comes to shopping online, providing a better user experience means ensuring that your consumers have access to their purchases in the shortest amount of time feasible.
- Providing a high level of protection for both your business and your consumers, allowing you to provide your customers the assurance they need with each purchase they make.
- Processes that would otherwise require a lot of human work and exhaustion and take up a significant amount of time can be automated and made more efficient.
Naturally, there is a lot more to SendOwl than we will be able to cover in a single section, which is why we are going to walk you through just what it is that you are capable of accomplishing with this product here. Remember that it can connect with your mailing list as well, for example through Mailchimp, so that it may immediately add your buyers to your list and assist you in nurturing future conversions. This is an important thing to keep in mind.
You can also acquire support from other industry experts through the use of affiliate programs, which makes it possible for you to expand your sales. When it comes to producing money with SendOwl’s digital sales, you have an almost unlimited number of possibilities available to you.
SendOwl’s Strengths and Weaknesses
Whether you are looking into something, such as a payment gateway solution like Stripe or PayPal, or whenever you are selling digital things online, there are always both positives and negatives to think about. It is essential to give serious consideration to the kind of functionality that can be obtained with each service and to determine whether or not it meets your requirements.
SendOwl provides an alternative to programs such as WordPress, which, in order to supply the same kind of subscription capability as SendOwl does, would otherwise require the use of plugins. SendOwl provides assistance for a wide variety of capabilities, such as an affiliate network, variable payment structures, and individualized checkout processes. However, the customer assistance may use some work, and this e-commerce solution only provides a limited level of support for cryptocurrencies. Let’s have a look at the benefits and drawbacks.
Whom does it serve:
SendOwl is an excellent choice for you if you want to sell any of the products listed below:
- Video Games
- Audio Tracks
- License Keys
Additionally, despite the fact that they generally market themselves as a platform for the sale of “digital goods,” they do, in fact, support the sale of actual objects as well. SendOwl is, however, a highly beneficial platform for selling digital items, as will be demonstrated in the following paragraphs. This is because of some of the advantages that it possesses.
SendOwl is a highly handy platform because some of its features make it possible to sell both digital and physical things at the same time. However, in comparison to other possibilities, SendOwl is not nearly as powerful for a business that sells a lot of tangible products. That topic will be discussed further down.
A Wonderful Experience for Customers: Our Opinion on SendOwl
SendOwl enables you to provide customers with a straightforward shopping experience. The majority of the company’s development time and resources have been allocated to the improvement of the digital delivery check out.
The configuration of this checkout takes only a few seconds, and once you’ve submitted a few products, everything comes together as a neat little bundle. SendOwl then provides a number of alternatives for sharing your product page with customers across various social media platforms as well as on your website.
SendOwl also provides a convenient Quick Sell link, which may be sent to clients to whom you have already made a sale. This enables both you and the customer to go beyond the confines of the shopping cart area, which boosts conversion rates and reduces the likelihood of the customer becoming frustrated.
SendOwl Review: Features That Will Assist You in Making More Sales
SendOwl provides an assault of marketing and sales tools, in addition to a checkout module that is geared for conversions, so that users may generate more revenue.
For instance, it includes upsells that can be attached to each product page, in addition to cart abandonment capabilities that can be used to entice users back to your website. Your brand is sure to remain in the minds of your customers thanks to the improved mailing list integrations. Not to mention, you can pay using ApplePay, Bitcoin, or Bancontact; these are your payment alternatives.
You should also keep a look out for a new feature that will allow you to select a checkout theme from a variety of options.
One of these features gives you the ability to construct product “bundles,” which allows you to group products that are complementary together in an effort to boost sales. You also have the ability to easily generate discount codes that are completely trackable and have complete control over how they can be redeemed based on time periods, specific product/s, or expenditure amounts. The built-in affiliate system is likely to be regarded by many as the component of SendOwl that offers the greatest value.
Through the use of this system, you will be able to enroll and manage individuals who have an interest in selling your items in exchange for a commission. Setting up an operation like this for a vendor can be rather difficult and time intensive, as anyone who is experienced with online affiliate marketing operations is aware. SendOwl’s affiliate program makes it very easy for you to do this, and you get all of the benefits of having a sales force without having to pay any of the fixed costs associated with having one.
SendOwl’s primary mission is to assist business owners in maximizing their online presence. SendOwl is able to assist with all aspects of sales, regardless of whether your company is just starting out or already well-established. The checkout process is fully responsive across all devices, and it also provides customers with the option to automatically view the checkout page in the language of their choice.
In addition to the ability to sell to clients through social media and email, there is now the opportunity to pay with a variety of other payment methods, such as Apple Pay, PayPal, and even Bitcoin. SendOwl provides its users with a number of useful features, including the following:
- Support for sales generated through affiliates, including tracking, administration, and reporting
- The ability to upsell products in order to make more money off of each sale
- Support for shopping cart abandonment to cut down on missed sales
- Provided in the form of discounts, coupons, and vouchers.
- Buying presents for one’s loved ones and close friends
- Checkout counters located on-site to keep clients concentrated in one area
- Pricing based on what you decide to pay
- Functionality of the modern checkout system
You have the ability to sell any type of digital goods, from videos to MP3s, and deliver it to customers at a rate and in a timeframe that is convenient for you. SendOwl is also quite safe, so you won’t have to worry about the personal information of your customers getting into the wrong hands. This is an additional advantage of using the service.
On the SendOwl platform, everything scales easily, and you have the flexibility to change your order emails, strengthen your branding, and develop checkout fields that are unique to you. In addition, there is functionality for free updates, in-depth analytics, and mailing lists that can assist you in nurturing new sales. This allows you to keep a closer check on your sales and determine what is successful.
Free of Charge:
Every SendOwl subscription has a free trial period of thirty days that gives you the opportunity to test out the service and become familiar with its features. There is no need to use a credit card.
Pricing Discussion in Our SendOwl Review
As was previously said, the free trial lasts for a full month and does not require a credit card to sign up. The pricing is differentiated depending on whether you self-host, use the basic SendOwl system, or offer subscriptions to your customers.
You can discover all of the pricing information here; however, because the standard rates are what the majority of users consider, let’s start there:
- The Basics (nine dollars per month) includes support for ten different goods, customization options, and one gigabyte of storage space. The “Basics” won’t provide you with much room to develop a very successful website on its own, but it should assist you in getting started if you have a limited amount of money to work with.
- Standard has support for 30 products, PDF stamping, affiliates, 3 GB of storage, and customization options for your storefront. It costs $15 per month.
- The Business plan is 24 dollars a month and includes support for one hundred products, one subscription, upsells, cart abandonments, video streaming, PDF stamping, affiliates, customization, and five gigabytes of storage space.
- Support for 250 products, three subscriptions, upsells, cart abandonments, video streaming, PDF stamping, affiliates, multiple users, customization, and 15 GB of storage are all included in the Premium plan, which costs $39 per month.
As can be seen, the cost is not prohibitively expensive at all. When you combine that with the fact that there are no transaction costs, you have a wonderful little service that allows you to sell digital things without any hassles.
These costs are categorized as “Standard” for the various packages that SendOwl offers, but you also have the choice of selecting another option. You also have the option of going the self-hosted route, which implies that you will source a third party to host your solution. SendOwl is responsible for managing the buyer side of transactions and ensuring that you are able to transfer digital files to consumers, but it is not responsible for hosting your website or services.
Pricing begins at $19 a month for “just a few products” if you wish to test out the functionality of self-hosted software. In addition to providing support for up to 500 products, this solution also gives you choices for working with affiliates and tailoring your storefront. These are some additional choices:
- A monthly fee of $79 is charged for the ability to sell up to 7,500 products, 10 subscriptions, upsells, cart abandonment solutions, multiple users, and affiliates. Personalization is incorporated in the service as well.
- Up to 5000 products, 5 subscriptions, upsells, affiliates, cart abandonment, multiple user support, and customization are included in this plan for $59 per month.
- 39 dollars per month for up to 2,500 products, 3 subscriptions, upsells, affiliates, cart abandonment, multiple users, and customization options.
The “subscription” tab on the SendOwl interface is where you will find the company’s ultimate pricing option choices. This is the method that you can employ for dealing with any and all aspects of the selling of subscriptions. You won’t have to worry about any transaction costs, unlike with Shopify, which requires you to do so on a regular basis. The packages provide the same level of use that you would anticipate from SendOwl offerings. Included in the packages are:
- Up to 50 products, 10 subscriptions, upsells, video streaming, cart abandonment, PDF stamping, affiliates, customization, and 1 GB of storage are included in this plan for a monthly fee of $24.
- Price starts at $99 a month and includes up to 500 products, 100 subscriptions, video streaming, cart abandonment, PDF stamping, multiple users, 10 GB of storage, affiliates, and customization options.
- The basic plan is $74 per month and allows for up to 250 products, 50 subscriptions, cart abandonments, upsells, video streaming, affiliates, PDF stamping, customization, multiple users, and 5 GB of storage.
- Priced at $49 a month, this plan allows for up to 125 products, 25 subscriptions, upsells, video streaming, multiple users, affiliates, PDF stamping, customization, and 2 GB of storage space.
Get in contact with the SendOwl brand to discuss the possibility of acquiring a tailor-made solution for your business if you find that one of the numerous SendOwl packages does not provide you with all of the features that you require.
A Look at SendOwl: Safe and Reliable Storage and Distribution
All of the files, or products, are kept in a safe location, and you have the option of making them available to clients through either a link that expires after a certain amount of time or one that has a fixed number of download rights. After the allotted amount of time has passed or after the maximum number of downloads has been completed, it will no longer be allowed to download a file via a link. Videos can be set up to stream instead of download if the user so chooses.
Strong support is also provided for software and/or other items that require licensing keys, with the platform taking care of duties such as the development of keys as well as their storage, issuing, and distribution respectively. The PDF files that are purchased come with an added layer of protection in the form of a watermark that contains the customers’ names and email addresses. It is easy to envision that purchasers are less inclined to share and disseminate stamped files because of this.
SendOwl: A Guide to Using It
SendOwl is a very user-friendly option for the owners of modern businesses. To get started, all you have to do is create an account with the pricing plan of your choice. From that point on, you will have the option of selling products through your already established website, in addition to selling through your social media profiles and email lists.
SendOwl provides a straightforward “purchase” button that can be inserted into the source code of already-existing web pages. This allows you to begin making sales on the spot. SendOwl can be integrated with a number of different websites; however, it is not possible to develop your own website using this method.
You can find a sufficient amount of documentation to teach you how to accomplish something by looking it up on the internet. You may, for instance, restrict the amount of times a product can be downloaded by users, which would prevent others from making duplicates of your work or distributing it without your authorization.
If you want to leverage your affiliates to sell solutions, you may provide each of them with their own unique URL that they can use to direct customers toward purchasing your products. These will come pre-built with tracking features so that you can monitor who is bringing in the most revenue so that you can give them more of your attention.
If you sell a significant quantity of physical products, it is highly recommended that you go with a classic e-commerce platform. My chart of the top 10 e-commerce platforms includes several of these traditional platforms as options. SendOwl is without a doubt one of the greatest choices available when it comes to selling a limited amount of products, particularly digital ones. Because of its success in the field of marketing, we are convinced that it is the most effective option currently available. Here is where you can get started with your free trial.
In addition, if you have any inquiries regarding this SendOwl review, please share them with us in the comments section. When was the last time you experimented with it?
You may also like
- Entrepreneurs Need These Apps to Manage Their Time Wisely
- Payoneer Review
- Web Hosting Review of Hostinger
- Review of Private Internet Access VPN
- A review of AccuWebHosting
- Review of Samsung One UI 4: It’s all in the details
Lyna Patel, writer and avid reader with a love for exploring the human experience through my writing. I believe that writing is not just about putting words on a page, it's about capturing the essence of what it means to be human. I strive to create stories that are both honest and authentic, that reveal the beauty and complexity of the human experience in all its forms. I believe that writing has the power to connect us with others, to bring us closer together, and to help us understand ourselves and the world around us.