The dining room is the other heart of your house, whether you’re a social butterfly who’s always planning your next get-together or you just enjoy spending time with your housemates or significant other over a meal every night. Why not give it a little TLC and make it feel like new again? It doesn’t take long to transform your dining room with simple changes like adding a tablecloth or a bowl of fruit as a centerpiece to wallpapering the ceiling. We’ve also rounded up some of our favorite interior designers and decorators to get you thinking about how you might spruce up your dining area in no time.
You’ll find here seven expert suggestions for preparing your dining room for a dinner party.
1. Your tablescape needs a makeover.
Bring the focus of the room to the food on your table and create a memorable experience. Options abound, and you don’t even have to buy anything new for your table setting; you can simply use items you already have in your house to freshen things up a bit.
2. Make a bold statement with a piece of art
You don’t need a huge chandelier to make a statement in your room. To add visual interest and texture to the table, consider swapping out the seats at the head of the table with ones that have a little more personality.
3. Make use of the ceiling as a fifth wall in your design.
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for the sky! If you want to experiment with a bright paint color or wallpaper, or even add a touch of architectural with ceiling medallions, go no farther than the ceiling. Adding depth to a room with a deeper color not only enhances its aesthetic appeal, but it can also provide the impression of more space.
4. Use your bar cart to its full potential.
You can use your bar cart to display your favorite bottles, but you can also use it to add some interesting accent items. Dress it up with elegant stemware, vintage glasses, and brass accents for an extra touch of glamor.
5. Create a feeling or atmosphere
Make your dining area a more pleasant place to dine by installing a dimmer on the light fixture. You’ll glow in no time thanks to the soothing light and a few candles.
6. Bring a mirror into the room
Over the console, buffet, or bar cart in your dining area, hang a large, eye-catching mirror. Adds an air of sophistication to the room as well as making it appear larger.
7. adorn the ground
The last thing you want to do is buy a rug that’s too tiny. The chair is too little if it slides off the edge of the carpet as you draw it out of the table. This creates the illusion of a floating island in the middle of the room, further isolating it. Try making the rug a little larger and bringing the edge closer to the wall.
You may also like
- I’ve tested numerous home security cameras, and this $100 outdoor model is one of the best I’ve ever used, thanks to its fast connection, sharp video, spotlight, and siren
- DJI Air 2S has a camera that shoots 5K videos — an affordable drone ideal for filmmakers
- Ultimate Buying Guide for Outdoor Sectional Sofas
- This is the best video doorbell you can buy that doesn’t require a subscription.
- The Galaxy S21 isn’t a big step forward, but that’s precisely why I like it so much.
- How to Choose the Best Modern Sectional Sofa?
- How to Install a Whole House Humidifier
- How to get rid of mosquitoes in the backyard?
KeWiki is an affiliate-based website that tests and reviews the best tech, appliances, gear, and more. You can trust our veteran reviewers and experts to find the best stuff just for you.
KeWiki strives to be probably the most trusted product suggestion and service on the web. We obsessively test and report on thousands of things annually to suggest one of the best of all the things. We aim to save lots of you time and get rid of the stress of buying, whether or not you’re on the lookout for on a regular basis gear or items for family members. We work with complete editorial independence. Meaning nothing seems on the location as a suggestion until our writers and editors have deemed it one of the best by our rigorous reporting and testing.