According to 9to5Google, Google is testing a darker dark mode for its Android search app (via Android Police). This new tint isn’t the same as the one shown in Google’s recent desktop test of a pitch-black dark mode. Rather, the one seen in the mobile app is a shade darker than the standard dark gray, but not quite black. On my desktop, I had a pitch-black search page for a brief while, but it quickly changed to dark gray.
The new dark option in Google’s mobile app may be more appealing to users who have OLED screens and want to save battery life, or who simply enjoy dark mode. The new shade is available in Google’s latest 13.8 betas in the Google Play Store, which you can get via APKMirror, an archive that allows Android users to download items that aren’t readily available on their device, or go the official route by joining the beta test group, according to Android Police.
After confirming that it was testing dark mode on desktops last year, Google said in February that dark mode for Google Search would be available to all desktop users. Though you can access the app’s new color hue on your own, a larger rollout, similar to the desktop release we just saw, might take months to reach more people.
You may like
- Those are the best yokes to use with Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Review of the Elgato Key Light Mini: This is the stream lighting to get
- What Exactly Is Spotify’s Car Feature and How Does It Work?
- Reset Your iPhone’s Network Settings to Fix a Wide Range of Issues
- The Lanq PCDock Monitor Stand tries to be all things to all, yet it fails at nearly everything
- Review of the Rock Space AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router (RSD0619)
- Hands-on with the Realme GT 2 Pro: Flagship Performance with an Eco-Friendly Twist
- With This One Clever Trick, You Can Reduce Your Use of Social Media
Lyna Patel, writer and avid reader with a love for exploring the human experience through my writing. I believe that writing is not just about putting words on a page, it's about capturing the essence of what it means to be human. I strive to create stories that are both honest and authentic, that reveal the beauty and complexity of the human experience in all its forms. I believe that writing has the power to connect us with others, to bring us closer together, and to help us understand ourselves and the world around us.