Free and easy-to-use program designed by Apple, Reminders is a terrific utility. If you’re seeking for a solution to your organizational woes, this software could be a lifesaver for you. You can use Reminders on your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and Mac thanks to iCloud.
To make the most of one of Apple’s well-liked productivity applications, keep reading for some pointers.
Siri can help you make your life easier.
When you don’t feel like typing, Siri is a terrific alternative. You may simply ask Siri to set a reminder for you to do the dishes at 7:30 p.m. tonight by speaking into your iPhone. Using this on an Apple Watch when you don’t have your phone nearby but still need to remember something is a terrific use case.
In addition, Siri may be used on your HomePod or in your car via Apple CarPlay.
Make your own customized shopping lists.
You can apply a range of customizations to your lists in the Reminders app. You can give a list a name, a color, and an icon when creating one. There is an option to make it a Smart List (more on this below).
A variety of useful features may be found in the Reminders app, including:
- To cooperate with others, share lists and grant editing access.
- Drag and drop lists and tasks to reorganize them however you see fit. To do items can be dragged and dropped into a list or folder.
- Mark accomplished jobs as such. When a task is performed, you can choose to hide it from view or leave it visible.
Using the three dots in the top right corner, select “Show List Info” to customize the list. Changes to your existing list can be made using List Info. Alternatively, you can click on the I icon next to your job.
You have the option of customizing your assignments right here.
- Specify a date or time. Have the task automatically be scheduled for you by clicking the calendar button or typing in a date and time in a task.
- Add a link to a website. You can add a URL to the Reminders app while surfing Safari using the share button.
- To create tags, use the # symbol. Each tag will have its own folder in the app.
- Add a remark if you need to add further information.
In addition, you can add a task flag, change the priority, add a subtask or a picture, or add it to a chat conversation in iMessage. The iMessage option allows you to add a reminder to a text message conversation.
Even if you have many email accounts on your phone, you may still manage your reminders through them. Lists can be divided into different categories using this method.
These “Smart Lists” are quite clever.
You can use smart lists to automatically organize your reminders by tags, due dates and times, locations and flags and priorities. A little gear appears on the symbol of a Smart List, allowing you to tell it apart from a standard list.
The name of the original list will be used as the basis for a new tag created by Smart Lists. Every task in the list has a tag associated with it. It was originally called “Disney vacation agenda,” but it has since been renamed “Disney agenda” in the Smart List below. My hashtag is still “#Disney-vacation-agenda,” however.
Date, time, and location have all been added to my assignments, as well as several tags. In addition, I made use of the feature that allows me to add comments to my assignments in case they provide further context. One task has an image, while another has a URL.
Using an emoji as your list icon is a fun way to make your list stand out. It’s in the upper left corner of the list information page.
When creating a Smart List, keep in mind that it cannot be reverted back to a standard list.
Using location-based reminders is a good idea.
When you arrive or depart from a given location, you can set up location-based reminders to remind you of an item. Location Services must be enabled to use this feature. To enable location services, go to Settings, then Privacy, and turn them on. Using CarPlay, you’ll be notified whenever your phone connects or disconnects from a connected automobile. By selecting the I icon next to a task, you may select “Location” to add a location to the task.
You may also like
- The review of the Geek Aire Cordless Fan is here
- The Easiest Website Builders For People Who Don’t Know How To Code
- The 8 Most Effective Crypto Cashback Sites, Services, and Cards
- 7 Ways to Use TikTok to Promote Your Business
- 10+ Things To Remember Before You Start Email Marketing
- The 5 Variants Of Website Design On The Internet
KeWiki is an affiliate-based website that tests and reviews the best tech, appliances, gear, and more. You can trust our veteran reviewers and experts to find the best stuff just for you.
KeWiki strives to be probably the most trusted product suggestion and service on the web. We obsessively test and report on thousands of things annually to suggest one of the best of all the things. We aim to save lots of you time and get rid of the stress of buying, whether or not you’re on the lookout for on a regular basis gear or items for family members. We work with complete editorial independence. Meaning nothing seems on the location as a suggestion until our writers and editors have deemed it one of the best by our rigorous reporting and testing.