SoundCloud has an enormous selection of audio that can be streamed in seconds. But what if you want to save music from SoundCloud to your computer? While that sounds simple in theory, there are a few stumbling blocks to consider.
We’ll show you how to download SoundCloud music to your computer and mobile device.
How to Save SoundCloud Files to Your Computer
You might want to download music from SoundCloud to keep a copy on your computer. You get the original format of the raw file that the artist uploaded. This means you can play it in your favorite music software and listen to it indefinitely without needing to connect to the internet. It’s one of the many advantages of using SoundCloud.
You can’t, however, download any song you desire. There are several limitations:
- SoundCloud can only be downloaded through the web, not from other devices such as your Android or iPhone.
- The artist must make the music available for download. It isn’t turned on by default.
- The artist’s SoundCloud account limits the amount of times a song can be downloaded:
- Each song has a limit of 100 downloads for free users.
- Each song has 1,000 downloads for pro users.
- Downloads are limitless for Pro Unlimited subscribers.
This means you’ll most likely be unable to download the song you desire, so be prepared to be disappointed.
However, assuming all of the prerequisites are met, the download procedure is straightforward:
- Make sure you’re logged in to your SoundCloud account.
- Go to the track you wish to download and click it.
- More information can be found by clicking here.
- To get the file, click the Download button.
- To save the file, follow your browser’s instructions.
You can’t download songs in bulk from a playlist or album, unfortunately. You must take each step one at a time.
How to Download SoundCloud Files to Listen to Offline on Your Phone
As previously stated, SoundCloud’s mobile app does not allow you to download local files like it does on the desktop. You might, however, download the file to your computer and then transfer it to your phone.
SoundCloud’s ability to save content for offline listening is an alternate option available on Android and iOS. You won’t get the raw file, but you’ll be able to listen to music through the app even if you don’t have access to the internet. You must have a SoundCloud Go or Go+ membership to access this feature.
Navigate to the playlist and tap Download at the top to download it for offline listening.
To save a music for offline listening, follow these steps:
- To save a song to your library, navigate to it and hit the heart.
- From the bottom menu, select the Your Library icon (three vertical lines).
- Choose tunes that you like.
- From the top menu, select the download icon (a downward arrow in a circle).
- To confirm, tap Download. This will download all of your favorite music.
You can also have your existing and future library of likes and playlists automatically downloaded:
- Select your profile symbol in the top-right corner of the library screen.
- Go to Downloads under the Settings menu.
- Automatically enable download. You can also toggle here. Only download high-quality audio and only via Wi-Fi.
You won’t be able to listen to your stored tracks offline if you cancel your subscription (which renews automatically).
SoundCloud is a great place to start. In the absence of an Internet connection
You can listen to SoundCloud music without an internet connection using one of these methods. If you want permanent, unrestricted access to a file, downloading the raw file via desktop is the best option, but most songs won’t allow you to do so owing to the rigorous requirements.
As a result, you’ll almost certainly require a SoundCloud subscription to use the offline listening option.
You may also like
- Review of Microsoft Windows 11
- Review of the Epson Pro Cinema LS12000 4K Pro-UHD Laser Projector
- The review of The King of Fighters XV (PC)
- 5 Netflix Apps and Extensions to Improve Your Viewing Experience
- How to get the most out of Android 12’s new privacy features
- Do All the Frames in a Room Have to Be the Same? Things to Keep in Mind
- Review of the Epson WorkForce ST-C4100 Supertank Color MFP
Viggo Petersen, a writer with a wide-ranging curiosity, who is always looking for new ways to explore the world and the human experience through my work. I believe that writing is not just about expressing oneself, but about exploring the world and the human experience in all its forms and complexities. I strive to create stories that are both entertaining and enlightening, that reveal the beauty and complexity of the world and the human experience. I believe that writing has the power to connect us with others, to bring us closer together, and to help us understand ourselves and the world around us.