Nintendo has released patch 1.2.0 for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, bringing with it a number of bug fixes, and, it would seem, a fresh wave of duplication glitch removals.
Soon after the patch was pushed out numerous community members took to social media to complain about the removal of popular duplication glitches, which have been joyfully exploited by Tears of the Kingdom players to stockpile resources and earn a boat load of rupees. While the extent of the cull has yet to become clear, some have complained about the removal of a glitch that exploited the game’s autobuild feature to furnish players with piles of valuable frozen meats.
Another glitch, which could be performed in the Tobio’s Hollow chasm, has also seemingly been patched out. This let players duplicate items by fuzing a resource to a single arrow, which, when fired by a multi-shot bow, created clones of the resource.
Patch 1.2.0 also fixed a number of bugged main quest missions including A Mystery in the Depths, and Secret of the Ring Ruins, which had previously prevented players from progressing through the game. Multiple side quests, including Lurelin Village Restoration Project and Seeking the Pirate Hideout, have also had their bugs addressed.
The update has also made it possible for players to receive “a number of in-game items” by launching the game from within select articles that will be posted to the Switch News channel, which can be located in the home menu after waking up your console.
Check out the full published list of changes below, courtesy of the Nintendo support website.
Patch 1.2.0 General Updates
- By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
- Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
- Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
- Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.
For help with everything Tears of the Kingdom, take a look at our Tears of the Kingdom Walkthrough and Guide about making your way through Hyrule. In fact, you can start here: